François Besse, Doctor of law, lawyer, barrister
Doctor of law from the University of Lausanne, François Besse was called to the bar in 1991. He then practised as an associate barrister at two of the largest law firms in Switzerland until the end of 2012.
During the same period, he was a lecturer in European law at the Swiss Institute of Comparative Law at the University of Lausanne.
François Besse practises law in French, German and English.
He is a member of many professional associations, including:
- CEDIDAC club, the club of the corporate law centre at the University of Lausanne
- AIPPI, the International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property
- LIDC, the International League of Competition Law, of which he was a board member for three years
- APRAM, the Association of Trade Mark & Design Law Practitioners
- LES, the Licensing Executives Society
- INTA, the International Trademark Association
- APEB, the French European patent lawyers association
- EPLAW, the European Patent Lawyers Association
He is also a member of the Vaud Bar Society and the Swiss Bar Association